All search products will require acceptable identification.
Driver abstracts are issued for a 3, 5 or 10-year period. We also offer Commercial Abstracts for the professional driver.
Driver abstracts contain driver record information that is personal and confidential, and can only be released to a client requesting his or her own information or with proper authorization.
For information on requirements for the following situations please go to the Service Alberta website.
- Requesting a Copy of Your Abstract
- Requesting a Copy of a Minor's Abstract
- Requesting a Copy of Another Person's Abstract on Their Behalf
- Other Types of Abstract Requests
Out of Province Clients
Clients who are requesting their own driver abstract who are out of province and do not have someone who can apply for a driver abstract on their behalf must provide:
- A completed and notarized "Notarized Request for Personal Driving and Motor Vehicle Information" form which is available on the Service Alberta website
- A notarized photocopy of the client’s identification:
- One piece of identification must contain the client’s photo, legal name and date of birth. (E.g., Alberta operator’s licence, passport, etc).
- Registry agents may accept notarized documents within one month from the date the documents were notarized.
- The required driver abstract fee
- A return envelope, which must:
- Be a registered mail or courier envelope
- Be pre-addressed
- Have prepaid postage or courier fees
Note: The client must submit to the registry agent's office by mail, registered mail or courier the above documents and driver abstract fee. Faxed copies are not acceptable.
A registry agent will provide a confirmation letter to a client when confirmation of a motor vehicle operator or vehicle file is requested. Anyone may apply for a confirmation letter regarding his or her own information.
The confirmation letter will be printed on our letterhead and include the phrase "Authorized Registry Agent".
Types of Confirmation Letters
- Vehicle registration
- Vehicle registration and ownership details including lease information
- Vehicle registration and ownership details indicating the beginning and end of registration
- Vehicle registration for the United States
- Vehicle status
- Operator licence details
- Client demographic information
Operator Confirmation Letter
An operator confirmation letter will not show the operator status. Operator status can only be confirmed by the purchase of a driver's abstract.
Vehicle Confirmation Letter
A vehicle confirmation letter will not contain the registered owner's name unless:
- The letter is for the registered owner
- The registered owner has provided written permission for the client to obtain this information